WATCH OUT! DANGER AHEAD WHILE SHOPPING!
After time away from the spotlight these last 2 years because of you know what, SAS is still alive and going strong! We are a company that must be face to face in order to be effective! What we say, what we do and the impact we make on your lives can't be achieved through a video conference. During this down time, a lot has changed and for you as well. That said, we are a serve and protect organization that prides itself on being PUBLIC SERVANTS! Let us know how we can serve you better!
Many of you should be reminded of a few safety tips as you are hustling with the shopping craze these last few days before Christmas arrives! We at Strategic Awareness Solutions want you to be Aware of the hidden dangers and stay safe in all that you do. As you head out fighting the crowds, tragedy can strike at any time. Be prepared and see it before it happens! Practice these few tips as you go out and you'll be assured to be more aware and most of all, you'll come home safely. Practice makes perfect!
1. Always pay attention to people around you. It only takes a glance in any direction to see who is out of place and if there could be danger lurking ahead. Keep your head on a swivel. You can have your purse, phone or other items snatched anywhere and at any time!
2. When at the mall: (grocery store , Wal Mart, Target or any place where you park and have to walk into a building), stay off your phone and glance around as you walk from the car into the building. If you are on the phone, you may not see who is coming up behind you or beside you. Don't walk into a convenience store as it's being robbed! Duh! Bad day there! If you weren't paying attention, how would you know? At night, you may want to be on the phone with someone. If this is the case, call someone before exiting your locked car and ask them to stay on the phone until you get inside. Keep the phone down at your side while walking in. This allows you to look around. Please, if you have small children, pay attention to them and whoever may be lurking around as you walk in or out of the buildings. Do the reverse for going back to your car. Check out our quick video of this scenario on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU8Ox_v6cqc9YRexUYNBbQ/videos?view_as=subscriber
3. Fueling vehicles: Pay attention to who is around you when you are fueling your vehicle. If you don't lock your car, thieves can pull up next to you, slide out low, enter the other side of your vehicle and steal your purse or belongings. Now, they have your CC's and possibly just stole your identity. Trust me, insurance pays you back the losses at first and you keep paying for years after! Just not worth it. Check out our quick video of this scenario on our YouTube playlist: Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU8Ox_v6cqc9YRexUYNBbQ/playlists?view_as=subscriber.
4. Removing and putting your children into car seats before and after going into the malls or whatever parking lot you find yourself in at the time: Stay off cell phones while you perform this duty! Keys in hand or accessible in purse around shoulder. Always look around before attempting to open their door and take them out / put them in the car seat. If at any time you notice someone and you don't feel safe, immediately shut the door and run away from the danger while locking the doors and hitting the panic button. Call 911 if possible. The loud noise from your siren will draw attention to you and they should run away. Your children will be safe, locked in the car. Check out our quick video of this scenario on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU8Ox_v6cqc9YRexUYNBbQ/videos?view_as=subscriber
5. Taking initial purchases to the car and returning back into the stores: It is perfectly fine to do this activity, but only as follows; Look around for dangerous people before attempting to put bags in the cars. Drop all of your purchases inside the trunk or back of the SUV. Get into your car, lock doors and drive to the other side of the mall, around the block away from view and return to find a new place to park. No one will be the wiser and this is better for you with less risk than just dropping bags and going back into the stores. Thieves will do everything to get your belongings. They sit and watch all day with males and females breaking into the cars for the spotters. Don't let them see you go back in after dropping bags. This makes you an easy target.
Be aware and be safe! These are only a few tips. There are so many more to be aware of as you go out each and every day. If you would like more information, contact us at Strategic Awareness Solutions. www.strategic-as.com